Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction is a problem that does not allow a man to have a proper erection while doing a sexual performance. They either cannot achieve an erection or sustain it. People suffering from it may have reduced sexual desire or libido. If such conditions last for a few weeks or more, then your physician will conclude that you are suffering from erectile dysfunction. It is now very common among men as the lifestyle now has made them live a stressed life.
There are different treatments and the standard ones are prescription medications, implants, vacuum pumps and even surgery. However, many men do not like that and opt for natural remedies. Apart from that, your physician may suggest you lifestyle changes that will bring in a lot of change in your condition.
Natural herbs may be useful
For treating erectile dysfunction natural herbs have been used for many years. They are taken as supplements and have proved to be quite useful. Some of them are
- L-Arginine is an amino acid that is present naturally. It helps in increasing the production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric acid let the blood vessels dilate and then the flow of blood to the penis increases, thus erection is facilitated.
- Ginseng is also known as ‘herbal Viagra’ and it is used in a different part of the world for treating impotency for years. Though there is not yet any conclusive evidence it is found to be promising.
- Horny Goat weed is also good for treating ED. The main component of this herb is icariin that acts almost like the prescription drug sildenafil. It let the blood fill the arteries of the penis and thus helps in erection. It is available as powder, tablet, capsule and tea.
Bringing in changes in lifestyle
While you can always get a prescription drug for getting treated a few changes in your lifestyle will help you overcome this problem.
- Exercising regularly has a huge impact on erectile dysfunction. It improves blood flow to the penis that is most important for strong erection. By exercising the nitric oxide in blood vessel also increases and thus the blood pressure increases. Different weight-bearing exercise helps in the production of testosterone which is important for sex drive and erection strength.
- Quit smoking and the results will be visible soon. Due to smoking, the arteries narrows and thus blood flow is not enough to support erection.
- Poor sleep patterns are also responsible for ED. Take sound sleep for at least eight hours so that body gets the desired rest. Along with this proper diet will also help in overcoming the problem.